International Office

CROUS Student accommodation

Accommodations available exclusively for exchange students (Eramsus, conventions)

The International Office of the University of Cergy-Pontoise (UCP) signed an agreement with the 'Centre Regional des Oeuvres Universitaires' (CROUS). Consequently, the office can book only for exchange students a limited numbers of rooms in CROUS student residences.

Consultez la page en français


Applying for a CROUS student room

 List of CROUS student halls of residence:


 Type of Residence

 Monthly rent (for 2017-2018)

Irène Joliot-Curie (at Neuville)

Studio (T1)

between €351and €527

Les Linandes Mauves

Studio (T1)

between €389,30 and €463,70

Le Square de l'Echiquier

Studio (T1)

between €332 and €357

If your are looking for a CROUS room:

1. We invite you to fill out the document "Accommodation Information Form" that has been sent to you by email.
Keep in mind that this document is not a booking request but an informative document that will allow the Incoming Mobility Team to take into account your request for an accommodation in a CROUS residence.
Please do not forget to date and sign the document before sending it back to the Incoming Mobility Team (by email and by regular post along with your application form).

2. The Incoming Mobility Team will send to the CROUS all "Accommodation Information" forms received from the students.
Please remember that the CROUS is the only institution that can process your accommodation request regarding their availabilities. Therefore the International Office has no control over the management of CROUS rooms.

3. If the CROUS replies positively to your request, you will then receive two emails from the CROUS with a document entitled "Notification of admission to a university residence".
Please read this notification very carefuly as it specifies you the procedure to set up your admission file and how to pay an online reservation fee (the amount is fixed by the CROUS and indicated on that notification).

We advise you to verify regularly your email inbox (and your spam folder aswell) because if you have a CROUS accommodation offer, you will get only few days to make an online reservation of your CROUS student room.
If you do not complete this online booking within this short notice, your accommodation request at the CROUS will be cancelled.

Student residence application deadlines
You have to submit your form before:
- April 30th, 2018: for students who arrive at the UCP for the 1st semester (winter semester) and for the whole academic year
- October 31st, 2018: for students who arrive at the UCP for the 2nd semester (spring semester)

Students who do not obtain CROUS housing are invited to look for a room in the private sector or via our accommodation plateform Studapart.

For exchange students at the UCP School of Law:
You will find here a list of residenes available for students who will study at the School of Law:


It is compulsory for students in CROUS housing to subscribe to French home insurance.
This home insurance must be delivered by a French insurance company or by a French bank settled on French territory.
The document must mention the address of your CROUS Residence and must be valid during the whole period of your stay.
We strongly advise you to take out the insurance before your arrival in Cergy.

Indeed, at your arrival at the university of Cergy-Pontoise, you must be able to provide the Incoming Mobility Team and  the staff of the CROUS with the multi-risk home insurance (it covers the damages that could occur in your CROUS room) and the 'civil responsibility' (it covers injuries you could accidentally cause to a third party).

IMPORTANT: You will not be able to get your keys without showing us and the CROUS your home insurance certificate.


Once arrived in Cergy, students who get accommodation at a CROUS residence have to sing up to the CLE Garantee.
The Incoming Mobility Team can assist you with this procedure.
Do not forget to bring following documents:

- passport and visa
- UCP student card and the sheet with your certificate of enrollement .you received after your administrative enrolment at the UCP
- French bank account information
- certificaite of residence edited by the CROUS and given to you at your arrival in the residence





To create your file and to sign your lease agreement with the CROUS, you need to bring with you:

- 3 ID photographs
- 1 copy of your passport and visa
- your bank account information from your country



If you have a student room with the CROUS, you must pay your rent at the beginning of each month and for the entire rental period.

The rent must be paid in Euros and can be made by debit card.

NOTE: Whatever your entry or departure date may be, please bear in mind that the whole month's rent is due.
As an example: if you enter or depart on January 15th, you will have to pay the rent for the entire month of January.


Upon your entry at the residence, the CROUS will ask you to pay the first month rent as well as CROUS security deposit.

The amount of that CROUS security deposit is between € 130 and €460 depending on the residence (equivalent to a month's rent).

If no damage is observed during the period of occupancy, then the CROUS will refund your security deposit after your departure from the residence.
Please do not forget to give the CROUS the copy of your bank information of your country.


This procedure called 'état des lieux' in French must be prepared and signed by you and the CROUS on the day of your arrival or of departure from the Residence:

When you move into your student room at the CROUS residence hall, it is important to check and notify any existing damages or dirts you may notice in your room on the document called "état des lieux" because it will testify the whole condition of your room.
You can be liable for paying of damages not mentioned in that document when you leave your accommodation or you will not be able to claim back your CROUS security deposit (check-out) at the end of your mobility.

Thus, check everything: water flows (no leaks, etc.), hot and cold water supply, toilets, bathroom, shower,heating system, electrical outlets, lights, oven/microwaves, cooker, fridge (shelves, etc.), doors (door-handle, locks), windows, walls, floor, furnitures, mattress (no marks under and of the top of the mattress), bed, letterbox, etc.

If you have any trouble during this check-in / check-out procedure or during your stay at the residence/student room, do not hesitate to contact the Incoming Mobility Team who will assist you.

Page update: 22/02/2018

incomingmobility @