UCP in figures
University of Cergy-Pontoise
- 1991: creation of the University of Cergy-Pontoise (UCP).
- January 1st, 2009: Autonomy regime with enlarged competences and enlarged responsibilities (RCE).
- May 2010: creation of a joint foundation with 5 co-founders (UCP, Banque Populaire Rives de Paris, the District Council of Cergy-Pontoise, the Spie Batignolles Foundation and Orange CO).
- February 2012: co-founding member of the PRES UPGO (Research and Upper Education Pole called Université Paris Grand Ouest) with the University of Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines (UVSQ).
- July 2013: the PRES UPGO becomes the COMUE (Community of Universities and Establishments).
A multidisciplinary university
Research and Development
- 22 laboratories, among which 8 are associated with the CNRS (French National Centre for Scientific Research), and 1 research federation dedicated to innovation and materials along with 5 technological platforms.
- 2 Excellence Laboratories
- 1 Institute for Doctoral Studies (IED) including 3 Doctoral Schools (ED): “Law and Humanities“, “Science and Engineering“, “and Economy“, “Management and Mathematics“
- 5 main research domains
- About 1,000 researchers including doctoral students.
- Over 450 registered PhD students.
- 60 theses defended every year.
- 1 Institute for Advanced Studies (IAS) annually hosting over 60 foreign researchers. Since 2010, an International Research Chair hosts a renowned foreign guest for a period from 6 to 9 months.
- 15,000 students in 2012-2013
- 28% of scholarship students.
- 12% of worker students.
- 2,818 enrolled at UCP for a Bachelor’s degree in L1, 1st year.
- 1,818 foreign students representing 13% of the total number of students.
- 1,253 students enrolled in apprenticeship programs (9% of the total number of students).
- 39 Bachelor’s degrees
- 40 vocational Bachelor’s degrees
- 107 Master’s degrees
- PhDs in 20 domains
- 7 two-year technical degrees (DUT)
- 28 University Degrees (DU)
- 1 DAEU (a diploma giving access to university studies)
Employment Rate for UCP Graduates
- 86% of vocational Master students are hired in private companies.
- 57% of research-oriented Master students are professional workers.
- 82% of vocational Bachelor students successfully found a job (survey conducted 30 months after graduation).
International Relations Office
- 323 bilateral agreements in 52 countries
- Erasmus program: 238 agreements with 152 partner universities in 26 countries.
- Non Erasmus Program: 85 agreements with 84 partner universities in 26 countries.
- Incoming students: 128 foreign exchange students hosted at UCP.
- Outgoing mobility: 214 UCP students studied abroad within an exchange program, including 141 Erasmus exchanges (i.e. 66 %); 79 students went abroad for an internship funded by the International Relations Office.
- 41 subsidised projects for association in 2012.
- 3 student centres (MDE/Maison des étudiants, on the Cergy, Saint-Martin and Neuville campuses), 660m2 dedicated to student life apart from catering spaces.
- 1,648 Student Culture & Leisure Passes delivered in 2012-2013.
- 865 people attended the “Open University” conferences (12 conference-debates were organized in 2012-2013).
- 3,352 students registered to sport activities as leisure and for a qualification.
- 5 university canteens.
- 4 brasseries.
- 5 cafeterias.
- 14,600 m2 allocated spaces.
- 12,011 registered students with 1,816 seats available in 2012.
- In 2010, the library was awarded the NoctamBU label for its weekly opening times of 65 hours on the main site of Les Cerclades, at Cergy-Préfecture.
- January 1st, 2013, 1,721 personnel including 1,038 teaching staff and 683 administrative staff.
- 200 companies are greatly involved in our vocational courses.
- 15 partnership conventions signed with companies (Orange, Veolia, RATP, SNCF, BPRI, Midrange, Groupe Société Générale, Total, etc.).
- Specific projects with universities and major companies (Danone, L’Oréal, Cap Gemini, etc.), such as “Atout Jeunes Université” and Speed Meetings (400 students to be interviewed by 85 companies).