2nd Year (M2): Specialization
Compulsory courses :
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics (4 ECTS)
- Advanced Statistical Mechanics (4 ECTS)
- Introduction to Dynamical Systems (4 ECTS)
- Introduction to Hamiltonian systems (3 ECTS)
- Renormalization Group (3 ECTS)
- French for Foreigners / Scientific Communication in English(*) (3 ECTS)
Optional courses : 9 ECTS to be chosen amongst the following :
- Transport Phenomena and nanomaterials (3 ECTS)
- Symmetries in physics (3 ECTS)
- Markov chains (3 ECTS)
- Graph Theory (3 ECTS)
- Quantum Information (3 ECTS)
- Many-body problems (3 ECTS)
- Game Theory (3 ECTS)
- Complex Networks : theory and applications (3 ECTS)
- Complex Systems, Game Theory and other transdisciplinary applications : (4 ECTS)
- Simulation of Complex Systems (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Monte Carlo Methods (3 ECTS)
- Tutored Project (3 ECTS)
The subjects of the tutored project are to be chosen by the student in agreement with the pedagogical committee ; a list of proposals is available, for instance: Quantum Integrable Systems, Classical Integrable Systems: solitons, Conformal Field Theory
One tutored project (3ECTS) amounts to a full time work of two weeks, plus writing a report and preparing an oral presentation.
The student may decide, with the approval of the Master committee, to gather two projects into a larger one.
The student will choose a research subject among those proposed by our laboratory or any research institution approved by the Master Pedagogical Committee. This work will include bibliography and personal work under the supervision of a tutor (Tutored Project 10 ECTS) and an internship (20 ECTS) that will yield a written report and public Master thesis defence.
The Tutored Project can be a starting period for the internship.
(*) Proposed to improve English skills of French speaking students