University Diploma in French as a Foreign Language with academic field courses (DUFLES)
Learn French in order to integrate one of the Master's degrees of the University of Cergy-Pontoise!
Download the information booklet: DUFLES 2014-2016
The University of Cergy-Pontoise offers a DUFLES (Diplôme Universitaire de Français Langue Étrangère et de Spécialité or University Diploma in French as a Foreign Language with academic field courses) to foreign students of all nationalities outside Europe.
This diploma is designed for foreign students whose French level of proficiency is equivalent to levels B1 or B2 from the CECRL (Cadre européen commun de référence pour l’enseignement des langues) of the Council of Europe.
Prior to admission to the DUFLES, applicants are required to get a pre-enrollment from the director of the Master’s degree they want to apply to at the University of Cergy-Pontoise.
The goal of this diploma is to allow students to reach and validate the level of proficiency in French required to register the following year for the Master’s degree of the University of Cergy-Pontoise in which students have been pre-enrolled.
The following levels in French are required depending on the student’s major:
- B2 level for the faculty of Sciences and Technology and the faculty of Languages,
- C1 level for the faculty of Economics, Management & Finance and for the Law School
- C2 level for the faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
2 semesters from September to May
DUFLES courses are composed of:
- 248 hours of FLE courses (Français Langue Etrangère - French as a Foreign Language) and 1 course in the student’s major for the first semester,
- 206 hours of FLE courses (Français Langue Etrangère - French as a Foreign Language) + 2 courses in the student’s major for the second semester.
Students must obtain their DUFLES prior to registering for a Master's degree.
The DUFLES is composed of 8 units (UE – Unité d’Enseignement):
- UE 1: Communicating in French (112 hours)
- UE 2: Knowledge of the language (112 hours)
- UE3: Academic French
- UE 4: Language and cultural strengthening (24 hours)
- UE 5: Communicating in French 2 (52 hours)
- UE 6: Knowledge of the language 2 (104 hours)
- UE 7: Academic French
- UE 8: Transversal skills and Language and cultural strengthening (50 hours)
PASSING THE DUFLES
The student passes the diploma if each study unit (UE) is validated with an average grade of 10/20. The study units for which the student gets this average grade are definitely acquired. There are no resits for FLE teachings.
At the end of the academic year, the French language proficiency level acquired by the student is stated in a certificate.
Registration fees for the DUFLES: 4.000 euro for the two semesters.
Registration fees include:
- Registration at the University,
- Social welfare,
- Access to UCP services and facilities: sports, library, etc…
- Teachings and exams to pass the DUFLES,
- The CILFAC cultural activities.
TO SUM UP:
- Registering for the DUFLES means studying in a young and dynamic French university, located near Paris, in a rich economical and industrial area open to the future.
- Registering for the DUFLES means attending an intensive language program which enables to start a Master’s degree in one of the faculties of the UCP.
- Registering for the DUFLES is a great way to meet students from the five continents and learn French together, taking the same courses and being involved in the same cultural and sports activities.
Assistance in finding accomodation can be provided.